This high-quality, steel-decked lawnmower from Al-Ko comes-in at a surprisingly low price considering its high-performance engine, three-in-one capability and rugged build-quality. The engine is a 140cc Pro 140-Series overhead-valve unit from Al-Ko themselves. OHV engines have numerous advantages over their side-valve counterparts, including improved fuel-efficiency; reduced exhaust emissions; and smoother, quieter power-delivery. Al-Ko have equipped the engine with Quick Start, so you can be confident of stress-free ignition at each time of asking.
The Al-Ko 46BA is capable of bagging, mulching or rear-discharging cuttings, so you’ll be able to achieve fantastic results no matter what grass-type you’re working with (the mulch-plug is included). Versatility is further enhanced thanks to an adjustable height-of-cut, which can be set to any of seven positions between 28 and 75mm.
A simple, hand-push machine, the Al-Ko 46BA can be guided safely and accurately around and between garden obstacles like trees, shrubs and benches. It’s supplied with an impressively capacious 65-litre collector, which has a ‘grassbox full’ indicator to guard against over-filling; and its equipped with an ergonomic bail-arm that’s been specially designed to avoid trapping the operator’s fingers.
This model’s 46cm cut makes it a fast and efficient performer on medium- to large-sized lawns.
- Pro-Series OHV engine for reduced emissions and outstanding fuel-economy
- Capable of collecting, mulching or rear-discharging grass-clippings
- Quick Start eliminates starting-headaches
- Seven-step cutting-height for added versatility
- Robust steel deck with a five-year homeowner-use warranty
- Generously-sized 65-litre grassbox with ‘collector full’ indicator
- Lightweight and large ball-bearing wheels, so requires little effort to push along
- Suitable for small-medium lawns