This top-of-the-range boasts a generous 51cm width-of-cut and a high-powered 159cc engine; a combination that makes it perfect for larger-scale lawn maintenance. The engine is an Al-Ko Pro 160-Series overhead-valve unit that will prove cheap to run; environmentally-sound; and quiet in operation. Thanks to Al-Ko’s Quick Start system, achieving ignition is a fast, hassle-free operation.
The Al-Ko 51BRA has a power-drive to the rear-wheels, so you’ll be able to traverse slopes, undulating areas and rough ground with ease. The drive wheels are extra-high for easier turning; and extra-wide to help protect the lawn surface.
In addition to the usual collection and rear-discharge modes, this ultra-versatile machine also offers mulching and side-discharge capabilities (mulching is ideal formal lawns; side-discharge for very long grass). It has a five-stage height-of-cut (30 – 80mm), so you can make adjustments to suit the grass-conditions; and it comes with a high-volume 65-litre grass-collector, which ensures visits to the compost-heap will be few and far between (a ‘grassbox full’ indicator lets you know when it’s at its limit, in turn reducing the chance that the discharge-chute will become blocked).
Built to last, the Al-Ko 51BRA features a high-quality steel cutter-deck that comes with a five-year warranty for homeowner-use).
- Pro-Series OHV engine for outstanding fuel-economy and reduced emissions
- Capable of bagging, recycling or rear/side-discharging grass-clippings
- Quick Start makes starting fast and trouble-free
- Seven-step cutting-height for a fine-tuned finish
- Rugged steel deck with a five-year domestic-use warranty
- Capacious collector with ‘grassbag full’ indicator
- Power-drive for effortless mowing
- Suitable for the larger lawn
- High drive-wheels aid manoeuvrability
- Ergonomic bail-arm for a comfortable grip