If youíre a fan of professional features and build-quality, but donít want to pay professional prices, then this high-end domestic-use chainsaw from Mitox is well worth a look.
Making it tick is an impressively beefy 2.4hp (45cc) two-stroke air-cooled engine, which develops enough power to enable you to deal with the most challenging wood-types. Mitox have provided a decompression-valve for low-effort pull-starts; and a Walbro carburettor and a Champion spark-plug for optimum combustion efficiency and reduced maintenance requirements.
The Mitox CS450X Petrol Chainsaw uses a bar and chain combination from chainsaw performance-experts Oregon, so a smooth, clean cut is assured, even in knotty wood. It features a high-specification crankshaft, which works to minimise torque loss, while maximising engine life; and it offers automatic chain-oiling, so the cutting gear will keep on performing at its best for longer (you can adjust the oil flow-rate to suit the nature of the task in hand).
With its crankcase made from magnesium alloy, the Mitox CS450X is around 30-percent lighter than similarly rated machines with a standard crankcase. This, along with anti-vibration measures and advanced ergonomics, make it one of the best handling saws in its class.
- Offers a step-up in features and build-quality compared to a normal home-use saw
- Powerful enough for more challenging jobs
- High-performance air-cooled 2-stroke engine with top-quality Walbro carburettor
- Decompression-valve for almost effortless recoil starts
- Premium-grade cutting-gear from Oregon
- Automatic chain-lubrication for reduced wear and tear
- Oil-flow rate to the chain is fully adjustable
- Magnesium crankcase confers lightweight strength (the whole unit weighs 6.2kg)
- Ergonomic grips for safe, controlled manoeuvrability
- Vibration reduction helps to prevent hand- and arm-strain