Any homeowner looking to regularly take-on challenging felling, lopping and firewood preparation jobs should put this very high-performance petrol chainsaw from Mitox high on their list of considerations.
Key to its exceptional cutting-capability is its pokey 3hp (50.1cc) air-cooled two-stroke engine, which offers power-levels comparable to many pro-grade chainsaws. Engine features include a Champion sparkplug and Japanese Walbro carburettor for unwavering reliability; and a decompression-valve for quick and easy pull-starts.
The Mitox CS500X Pro Petrol Chainsaw has an expansive 45cm guide-bar, so will handle those larger diameter logs, trunks and timbers with ease. The saw-chain and bar are made by Oregon, who have built a deserved reputation amongst forestry professionals for the unrivalled quality of their cutting-gear.
Difficult to beat in terms of handling, the Mitox CS500X has a weight-reducing magnesium alloy crankcase that combines with its perfect centre-of-gravity and low-vibration handles to ensure you’ll be able to complete time-consuming jobs in comfort. This model also features an automatic chain-oiler, the flow-rate of which can be adjusted to suit the hardness of the wood you’re working.
- Offers a step-up in features and build-quality compared to a normal home-use saw
- Powerful enough for more challenging jobs
- High-performance air-cooled 2-stroke engine with top-quality Walbro carburettor
- Decompression-valve for almost effortless recoil starts
- Premium-grade cutting-gear from Oregon
- Automatic chain-lubrication for reduced wear and tear
- Oil-flow rate to the chain is fully adjustable
- Magnesium crankcase confers lightweight strength (the whole unit weighs 6.5kg)
- Ergonomic grips for safe, controlled manoeuvrability
- Vibration reduction helps to prevent hand- and arm-strain