Extra-robust build-quality; superior flexibility-of-use; and impressive manoeuvrability are the hallmarks of this high-performance, commercial-grade rotary mower from American garden-machinery experts Toro.
It’s been built to last, with its engine-guard, brush-guard and bull-nose front-bumper working to prevent impact-damage; and its sealed transmission, one-piece handlebar and ball-bearing mounted co-polymer wheels ensuring it will deal with the heavy workload of the professional gardener.
Driving the Toro 22205TE is a FJ180 engine from Kawasaki. These high-specification 179cc four-stroke power-packs feature a dual-element air-filter and a cast-iron cylinder-lining for long-term reliability; and employ overhead-valve technology for a substantial cut in emissions, fuel-costs and vibration.
A very large-capacity 3.8-litre tank means stops for refuelling will be few and far between; while automatic compression-release makes pull-starts virtually effort-free.
Stopping and restarting the engine every time you want to empty the bag, move an obstacle, or cross a non-grass area can be time-consuming and exposes key components to undue wear and tear. Toro have got around this problem by furnishing the 22205TE with their Blade Stop System, whereby you can halt the blades without cutting the engine.
This impressive machine comes with a cavernous 88-litre catcher and has one of the widest cuts of any walk-behind mower ever produced (76cm); a combination that ensures it will cover the very largest lawns with speed and efficiency.
As well as bagging, the Toro 22205TE TurfMaster Twin-Cut Lawn Mower also offers mulching and side-discharge modes, so it can be set-up to perform effectively in any given conditions (a wide height-of-cut range and variable-speed power-drive contribute further to versatility).
- An extra-wide-cut mower that will prove a less bulky alternative to a ride-on
- Expansive width-of-cut and extra-large catcher for a super-rapid work-rate
- Twin-blade cutting-system delivers exceptional bagging and mulching performance
- Side-discharge mode also offered – great if you’re tackling long grass
- Commercial-grade Kawasaki OHV engine
- Variable-speed AutoMatic Drive for enhanced flexibility-of-use and effortless mowing
- Lightweight and highly manoeuvrable
- Cast-aluminium frame and steel mower-deck confer impressive durability
- Handlebar is height-adjustable for superior user-comfort
- Blade-Stop System – stop the blades turning without having to cut the engine