Some people like to spend hours busying around their garden, poking at every nook and cranny with arcane horticultural tools and tending to their lawn with a preciousness which might seem peculiar to the less green-fingered. Other people just like to get the lawn mown quickly and efficiently so that they can get on with their day, even if that day doesn’t involve much more than sitting in a nice, tidy garden and listening to the cricket on the radio. If you fall into this latter camp and need a machine to make routine lawn maintenance completely stress-free, Honda’s HRE370 Electric Rotary Lawnmower could be just the mower you’ve been looking for.
Powered via the mains electricity and a superbly efficient 1,300W electric motor, the HRE370 is quiet, clean running and designed to make mowing small domestic lawns an absolute breeze. Being electric means that the HRE370 is much more user-friendly than your average petrol mower, especially as maintenance demands are minimised and there is no need to stop and refuel while you work; once assembled all you have to do is plug in and go! The reduced noise and elimination of exhaust fumes also makes this mower perfect for use in built up urban or residential settings, so you’ll be able to cut the grass whenever suits without worrying about disturbing the neighbours.
With its 37cm (15”) cutting width and 35 litre fabric grass collector the Honda HRE370 is best suited to mowing smaller lawns up to half a tennis court in size, but with its mighty performance you can rest assured of a quality cut every time. A five-step centralised cutting height adjustment system, for example, with settings ranging from 25mm to 55mm selected via a single easy-access lever, ensures precision on a variety of surfaces. Special mention should also go to Honda’s clever Optiflow system, which uses a fan fitted to the rotary blade to lift grass before it is cut and to enhance airflow through the cutting deck, thereby boosting collection performance and helping to prevent clogging.
The Honda HRE370 is also hand-propelled, lightweight (only 15kg) and fitted with a full-width drive lever to boost manoeuvrability and ease of operation, which makes it straightforward to achieve a thorough cut in gardens replete with tricky borders and obstacles such as shrubs, ornaments and trees. The lightweight design also means that the HRE370 is pleasingly portable, working alongside the carry handle, foldaway handlebar and practical cable-tidy (which stops the power cord from becoming tangled during operation) to facilitate transportation and storage. The lightness of this superb machine is partly attributable to the use of an ABS polymer for the cutting deck, which as well as being lightweight provides outstanding protection against corrosion and impact damage. When combined with the inclusion of a thermal cut-off switch designed to protect the motor from overheating, this means that the Honda HRE370 is capable of offering many years of outstanding cutting performance.
- Mains powered and fitted with a 1,300W electric motor for quiet, clean performance and outstanding user convenience when maintaining smaller lawns
- Featuring a 37cm (15”) cutting width and five-step centralised cutting height adjustment, with settings ranging from 25mm to 55mm for a reliably precise cut
- Also supplied with a 35 litre fabric grass collector, which collapses down for storage, assisted by an Optiflow system for increased collection performance with zero clogging
- Hand-propelled for an accurate cut in tricky areas of the garden, with a lightweight design (only 15kg) and smooth-running wheels for added manoeuvrability
- Additional ergonomic features include a carry handle, a cable-tidy, a full-width drive lever for comfortable operation and a foldaway handlebar to facilitate storage
- Durable ABS polymer cutting deck offers protection against corrosion and impact damage, combining with a thermal cut-off switch (designed to protect the motor from overheating) for unbeatable reliability